Friday 25 April 2014

Ursula cardigan


Its taken a while but this week I finished my Ursula cardigan from Colours of Shetland by Kate Davis. I am reasonably pleased with it but there are a few details I am less happy with.

I like the colours that I chose and the fair isle pattern. I am less keen on the bulk created by knitting in the round with steeks at the front opening, the neckline and the armholes.

After much knitting and re-knitting I replaced the ribbed button band with a "steek sandwich" which is quite bulky but gives a neat finish.


It is the bulk of steeked fabric around the armholes that bothers me but perhaps with wearing this will felt down and become less of a problem. My ravelry notes are here.


1 comment:

VintagePretty said...

To my eyes, it looks flawless! It's such a pretty design, not just in the fairisle pattern but in the colours you've chosen, too. I am afraid I am not a brave knitter when it comes to such things (I could probably manage the fairisle, though I'd likely be goggle-eyed by the end of it!), but maybe one day I'll give the steeking thing a go too. Well done!

Best wishes,
Tash