Monday 22 June 2015

early summer








Almost a month since I last posted and the countryside has moved from spring to summer. I like the Scandinavian five season year, spring, early summer, late summer, autumn and winter. There is a difference between early summer when the foliage is fresh and green and the drier dusty image I have of late summer, with yellowing fields of cereals and verges full of seedheads as well as flowers.

These photographs are from my walk yesterday. Early summer is here, the wheat fields are still green and elderflowers, foxgloves, honeysuckle and wild roses are all at their best. I'm noticing the elderflower blossom so that I know where to go to collect elderberries to make cordial in late summer.

1 comment:

Moonroot said...

Lovely photos! And I totally agree with you about the distinction between early and late summer.