Wednesday 9 October 2019

Early Autumn


There is a definite autumnal feeling in the air. The mornings are cooler, cyclamen have appeared, and the garden has a softer faded feel as we move through early October.


In the countryside the berries are bright until the cold weather arrives and the birds devour them.


This time of year encourages slowing down and reflection, two things that I seem to have had little time for lately.


Only my second post this year. I don't write but somehow am loathed to admit the fact and give up on the blog. I miss the early days of blogging when even the smallest blog like this one could form its own little community,  people in many different places around the world, quietly documenting their lives and photographing their surroundings. All on Instagram now I suppose and blogs are old-fashioned unless there is something to be promoted or sold.


Blogging is more time consuming and time seems to be in short supply these days, ridiculous since I no longer work.


The rhythm of my days has changed now that neither my husband or I are working. I no longer have those quiet solitary days at home. We are busy, the television is switched on, there are no quiet pauses in my day to take gentle walks with my camera, to sit, and to think.


Life is good but I miss that quiet. Today I have a rare day to myself and it feels good. I hope to make more time for days like these.


I'd like to find time to blog again, not regularly as I used to, but from time to time, simply documenting my days. We'll see. If there is anyone reading - do say "hello".



2 comments:

Hanneke said...

Good to see you write again! I hope you can find quiet time more often, and go for walks again. I love your photos and how they show the changing seasons in a gentle way. I guess changes always mean a new balance has to be found. I haven't written anything on my blog either since January - my daughter was born early February and that changed everything. I recognize that feeling - not wanting to give up on my blog while I haven't written for so long. I get stuck in trying to find a way to keep writing without it becoming a baby blog ;) but slowly a new balance is coming, and hopefully I will be back soon as well. I hope you can find a new balance too, one where there's room for quiet walks and time to think!

willow said...

Hi Hanneke, lovely to hear from you too. Belated congratulations on the birth of your daughter, as you say a tiny baby makes a big difference. Sometimes these big life transitions (and you have had many in the last couple of years) take some time to settle into and to find a new rhythm to the days. Hope all is going well for your little family and it would be good to read of your adventures if/when you can find time to write again.