Tuesday 14 September 2010

Bath


A last family day trip this summer before the start of the university term. We took the train to Bath and had a gentle meander around the centre of the city.

Bath is such an elegant place and there is something to photograph round every corner. The bridge is Pultney Bridge with its little shops lining each side.


It is such a lovely place to visit. Apart from when I was at university and for a few years afterwards, I've always lived in the country but as I wandered round the streets of Bath I wondered what it would be like to live in a city.

There would be plenty of interesting streets to explore



and flowers to admire in the immaculate parks.


For the moment I'm quite happy to live in the country but sometimes when visiting a different place its fun to imagine what it would be like to live there.

1 comment:

Simply Authentic said...

As always your pictures are beautiful and they definitely do the city justice. I loved traveling to Bath and learning of all the history when I was in England. That's the thing about England your cities are so full of wonderful history even with all the perks of modernity! I'd have to agree though that there are pros to both the city and the country.