Tuesday 15 March 2011

sewing

Sewing is not a word that crops up very frequently on this blog. I have made clothes before but my sewing machine has not had much use lately.

This year I wanted to start sewing again and I have been taking a class called "Kick Start to Sewing" with Alice and Ginny. We are making two items in the four week course and the first one was this cushion..


I used fabric from IKEA and now have a new cushion which matches my yoga mat.


I am enjoying sewing again and might even be confident to think about making some clothes but for now I have my class homework to do - to cut out the fabric to make a bag in the next class.

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

It's beautiful!

Simply Authentic said...

Love the color and the patterns together. You did a great job! Will look forward to seeing the bag next :)