Wednesday 4 April 2012

April garden visiting


Its the school holidays here and I have been taking advantage of the weather to get out and about with my camera. This is the garden at Englefield earlier this week. I posted some photographs last year in May when the azaleas made a stunning display but this week, a month earlier in the growing season, there were plenty of daffodils


and delicate blossom.


The real stars this time though were the magnolias, large bushes (trees?) reaching for the skies.


The flowers look so perfect emerging from the bare branches before the leaves.





I don't know much about magnolias and there are many different types, I like this smaller white flowered variety which I think is Magnolia stellata.




A couple of early flowering azaleas were also enjoying the spring sunshine.




I'll finish with a couple more photographs of magnolias


and the clear blue sky.


3 comments:

nĂ  from the treehouse said...

You take some really wonderful flower photos!

Heather L. said...

Garden visiting is such a wonderful thing. I've managed to get to my favorite garden twice this spring. Since we've had such unusual weather, it was interesting to see everything blooming at once.

Simply Authentic said...

GORGEOUS!