Friday 28 September 2012

at home this week


This week I picked, boiled and strained the crab apples and now I have the juice to make into jelly. The harvest is late this year, when I made jelly a few years ago I picked the apples at the end of August.

Blackberries are ripening later as well, due to the cool summer perhaps. These have been frozen to be cooked with apples in the winter.


I've been thinking about indoor plants. Hyacinths and Paperwhites have been planted in pots. The hyacinths are in the cool dark of the garage until the shoots appear but the narcissus sit on the kitchen windowsill where I will watch them grow and flower over the next few weeks.


I'm also taking cuttings to rejuvenate some favourite indoor plants. Its good to have some flowers and foliage inside as the plants outside slow down for winter.


No comments: