Tuesday 11 December 2012

finished knitting - Snawheid



Snawheid is finished but as yet without the bobble. The pattern calls for an oversized snowball-like bobble but I'm not sure. When I was little I loved making pom-poms with two rings of card and I'm tempted to make one now.

I was intending to start the Rams and Yowes blanket but then realised didn't have a 60cm circular in the right size. I have one on order from GetKnitted who deliver very promptly so that should be started later this week.

In the meantime, I have started another hat. This time it is Everglade by Woolly Wormhead. I've made this pattern before but with the weather forecast predicting a very cold winter (and it is cold here today) you can never have too many hats!

3 comments:

Heather L. said...

You've done such a beautiful job with this hat! As of yet, I am scared away from two color knitting like this. I find it hard to carry the yarn. Maybe someday......I am secretly knitting mice for Christmas and can't wait to give them to my family.

Moonroot said...

Love the hat - and FWIW,I like it without the bobble. Like Heather, though I love knitting I tend to shy away from colour work. And I simply adore the Woolly Wormhead Everglade hat - think I may have to try that one myself!

willow said...

Thank you for the comments, I've decided that the hat shall be bobble-less.

moonroot,
this is the second Everglade I have knitted and it is a lovely pattern. I think that the more "slouchy" design of hat suits me better than a beanie design so I am looking forward to finishing Everglade.