Wednesday 9 October 2013

today's walk


I decided to take my camera out today and look for autumn colour. I started off well with this wonderful creeper growing over a brick wall which I have been admiring as I walk past it each day but once I left the village I realised that I was still a little early. There are signs of autumn but the hedges and trees are still green.


There is a feeling of autumn, with freshly ploughed fields,


blackberries,


rosehips,


acorns,


holly berries


and wild crab apples.


This Michaelmas daisy has been growing in the bank for years. It must have escaped from a nearby garden and has spread to form an impressive clump.


Today it was full of bees.


Lastly, one tree that does seem to be putting on its autumn colours is the Horse Chestnut. I'll wait a couple more weeks to catch some more colour.


1 comment:

LauraLillyLaura said...

Love your pictures, they are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.