Friday 28 December 2007

Rest, sleep, walks and knitting


We are in the middle of eleven nights when we don't have to set the alarm for 6:15am and its lovely. My husband has mixed feelings about having to take some of his annual leave at this time of the year (his office closes completely so he has no choice) and would really prefer to take all his holiday during the warmer weather. I disagree and think that an enforced break and chance to rest at this time of year is a positive thing, an opportunity to slow down a little more in tune with the winter season.
So we have been going on gentle winter walks, watching DVDs together as a family and generally taking it easy. For me this means more time to knit and I have almost finished the cardigan I started in the summer. This is taking me ages, partly because I don't usually get much time to sit and knit and partly because I'm using 2.75mm needles! Anyway I am now halfway through the second sleeve and the rest of it is blocking so hopefully a completed project in the New Year.
We are now away for a couple of days for a short break and are heading to one of our favourite places, over the Severn Bridge and just into Wales.

2 comments:

Moonroot said...

I agree with enforced breaks! My workaholic husband would never stop otherwise. He is on an enforced Christmas break and as the weather today is truly horrible (strong winds and rain) he is for once lounging on the sofa eating crisps and watching rubbishy movies. Hoorah!
Hope you have a good trip to Wales.

Simply Authentic said...

it sounds absolutely wonderful! down time is much needed! hope you are enjoying your vacation!