Sunday 9 March 2008

Simple Cooking

Its been a while since I last posted. I was away at the start of the week visiting my parents. Arriving home part way through the week completely threw my routine. It feels as if I have spent all my time just trying to catch up.

I was glad that we didn't have anything planned this weekend and I could spend time pottering in the house. It seemed the right sort of day for some slow cooking.


Using my slow cooker (crock pot) I cooked a small piece of gammon ham with some potatoes and a few cloves for eight hours, adding a tin of butter beans about half-way through. All day long it smelt lovely and then at dinner time all I had to do was cook some fresh vegetables and serve.
Adding the beans bulked it out a bit and I managed to save some of the meat for tomorrow. I've decided on a pie, ham in white sauce topped with flaky pastry. In this case, slowing down has actually saved me time - can't be bad!

2 comments:

Mungo said...

Mmm... that looks really good. I'm considering getting a crock pot myself.

Cheers,

Mungo

Heather L. said...

Your meal looks good! I've been using my crockpot a lot lately. My forced bulbs are doing really well! I think I'll have some blooms soon -- if we can't have them outside, at least we can have them inside!