Thursday 10 April 2008

Finished knitting

Its taken a while but I've now finished my lightweight cardigan.

I used Corriedale pencil roving from Crown Mountain Farms,


spun and plied it,

and knitted it on 2.75mm needles (my excuse for it taking so long).



I found some buttons that picked up the colours perfectly

and eventually, it was done.


The photograph seems to accentuate the differences in colour, the overall effect is more blended and less stripey in real life.
Now, the best bit - deciding what knit do next!

5 comments:

Heather L. said...

Your sweater is just gorgeous!!! I really love the colors. I've never attempted an adult-size sweater yet, but someday I will. I find baby cardigans nice and easy. However, I am branching out to begin socks. My sister (www.aknitterslife.blogspot.com) is going to a fiber fair tomorrow, which she is all excited about. I guess she will be looking at wool to spin all day long. :)

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

That is absolutely lovely! Well done!

willow said...

Thanks for the comments.

Heather, I followed the link to your sisters blog, you are obviously a very creative family. I was interested to see that she designs her own patterns as I want to have a go at knitting something without a pattern. I have some yarn I bought at a charity shop and think I will have a go at a raglan cardigan.

donna said...

wow, thats beautiful, you're very clever!

Moonroot said...

As someone who has only just discovered the joys of knitting and hasn't actually progressed past scarves and shawls yet, I am totally in awe! Spinning your own yarn....!!