Tuesday 18 June 2013

mini holiday - day one


Last week we spent a few days on the coast in Somerset. I took plenty of photographs and will post a few as I sort through them.

I grew up in Taunton in Somerset so visited this area as a child. It was nice to revisit and I was pleased to find that in many places not too much had changed.

The beach in the top photograph is Kilve which is well known for its fossils.


There is also a lovely tea garden and my husband enjoyed his first cream tea of the holiday.


We stayed in the village of Porlock at the Overstream guest house. This is where I stayed on a walking holiday a couple of years ago and it was good to be back.

In the evening we went to the beach at Porlock Weir. The light was lovely, definitely what photographers refer to as the golden hour.

There are some cottages right on the beach



with a very peaceful view across the bay.


Most of the time the tide doesn't reach to the top of the beach and it was a wonderful natural garden.








A very good start to the holiday.


1 comment:

Heather L. said...

Oh what beautiful pictures! Those cottages near the beach are amazing. And that cream tea -- perfect!