Tuesday 27 February 2007

Spring-time frogs

Its pretty grey here at the moment with lots and lots of rain but the frogs must know that its spring. Last week we could hear them croaking outside the window and now I have noticed that we have frogspawn in our little pond.


This is our very tiny pond. Its a plastic bucket about two feet in diameter sunk into the ground. I don't know how the frogs found it as there are no streams or anything near us but every spring for the last six or seven years we have got frogspawn.


The boys are understandably less excited about frogspawn than they used to be but I will always love watching the changing seasons.

2 comments:

BurdockBoy said...

Ahhh, your boys are missing out. I'm still excited about frog spawn.

Jenny said...

I'm excited too. Lucky you.