Thursday 21 February 2008

Catching up

Its half term with us at the moment and as usual all is busy. I am in awe of bloggers who lead busy lives, are very creative making things, look after children, animals and gardens and still find time to blog frequently. Sometimes it seems to take all my time and energy just simply living leaving very little time to blog about living simply! - not that I'm complaining, I do like being busy.



We have just returned from a couple of days in Wales and as always it was really beautiful. It is our favourite place for a short break and with the wonderful weather we have had lately, it was just perfect.











Although we were not away for long it takes a while to get back into the routine. We had turned the heating off when we went away and with night time temperatures below zero the house felt very cold when we got back. My solution was to make a large quantity of warming soup. I used a recipe I spotted in the Times last Saturday for Spicy Carrot and Butternut Squash soup and can definitely recommend this as a very good soup for a cold day.

I also need to catch up with a couple of awards that I've been meaning to mention.




The first one was given to be by Learning to Step Lightly and the second by Barefoot in the Garden. Thank you to both. The rules for both state that the award should be passed on to 10 more blogs. Since that is an awful lot of links and I am feeling just a bit overwhelmed by everything I have to do at the moment I am going to cheat on this one and choose the blogs on my blogroll all of which I rate as excellent and in different ways all make my day!

No comments: