Thursday 9 October 2008

Little boxes


This little box has sat on a shelf in our hallway for years. It is a carton from a Camembert Cheese. I always think it is a shame to just throw these away so I covered the top of one with a piece of felt. It contains spare keys, the key thing for the electricity and gas meters and a few one pound coins ( the coins because children only ever tell you that they need a pound for something at school when you are literally just going out the door and when you have no change other than a handful of pennies!).

Last week my older son decided he needed a box of his own for his loose change and keys so I made another one. This time I embroidered a random "doodle" pattern.


So now we have two boxes on the shelf but as things often look better in groups of three, I might just make another one.

1 comment:

Heather L. said...

I do like your boxes! As you know, I enjoy embroidery and love seeing what people create.