Thursday 24 February 2011

a blue phase


My usual choice of colours for clothes or around the home could be described as neutrals, brown, beige, cream, sometimes green but without realising I seem to be choosing blue at the moment.

The fabrics in the photo above are from IKEA for a small sewing project.

Then there is my current knitting, a reverse stocking stitch waistcoat in Twilleys "freedom spirit". I bought this yarn from Hobbycraft greatly reduced so I wonder if it is being discontinued. The wool is a random mixture of blues and purples.


I always have a small portable knitting project and at the moment I'm knitting socks - blue socks.


I wonder how long this phase will last or whether I will soon find myself drawn to another colour.

Still on a blue theme, I took this picture this morning, maybe more mauve than blue but a very welcome sight in the garden on a dull morning.

No comments: