Wednesday 13 February 2013

A day in my life

Wednesday 13th February


Today has been cold and grey with the temperature staying around freezing all day. My fingers hurt with the cold as I hung the washing on the line this morning but its worth it to dry the laundry outside all year round.

Although it has been cold there are signs that winter is moving on, some fresh Aquiliga leaves


and buds and flowers on the coloured primroses. As soon as the flowers appear the pigeons peck at them leaving just the flowers stalks and a few scraps of petals which seems a shame, they are very pretty if they are left alone.


Wednesday is a home day for me and this week eldest son had a day off as well. Our plan was to go shopping and then visit the snowdrops but the weather was against us and we came home after shopping. Last year the snowdrops at Welford Place were spectacular, I am hoping for nice weather to go again this year.

We arrived home early afternoon and the washing was dry. I just finished bringing it into the house when it started snowing and raining at the same time.


There was a slight white covering in the garden but I am pleased to say it didn't stay long.


During the rest of the afternoon I did housework, ironing and made the dinner.


I made a large bowl of vegetable chilli with onions, carrots, courgette, mushrooms, garlic, chilli, red lentils, kidney beans, vegetable stock and passata. We're not as greedy as this looks, this is for two days. Today we had chilli with brown basmati rice, salad and tortilla chips. Tomorrow the remaining chilli will be a filling for jacket potatoes, a nice easy meal when I come home from work.

This evening I have been knitting and chatting on the telephone with my parents and with youngest son. All is well. Now all I need to do is pack my lunch for work  tomorrow and enjoy a nice bath.

Goodnight.

No comments: