Wednesday 1 April 2015

fresh green April








It's been busy. The last time I posted it still felt like winter and look at it now.

I've been away at my parents as my 82 year old father had a small operation. He is recuperating well but as always, I wish I lived nearer. They are likely to need more support in the future which is difficult when I'm not close by, a problem I know is shared by many families.

Back home, it has been almost two weeks since I've walked in the lanes. What a difference, horse chestnut buds opening, blossom in the hedges, wood anemones (the alternative name, windflower seeming particularly appropriate during the recent high winds) and lastly a single bluebell, the first of the year. It did me good today to be back home walking amongst the fresh green of spring.


No comments: