Thursday, 16 April 2015
After last years attempt at sewing when I made mistakes with pattern sizing, my sewing machine has been quiet for a while. Then recently I finished these two items. The dress is Liesl and Co cinema dress.
This time I was very careful to read the pattern measurements when deciding what size to make rather than going by the dress size. I ended up making a size 2 (which I still find odd since I am a UK10) and it fits! I am pleased with it and now have a bit more confidence to start sewing again.
Having finished the dress, I found I had plenty of material left over so made the little blouse on the left from a Butterick pattern that I must have had for 30 years! I bought it when I first started work and made several tops in different versions from it. It is a very simple pattern and the only pattern I still have from the time when I used to make most of my clothes. The pattern is Butterick 3696, seeing it on the internet under "vintage patterns " is making me feel my age today!