Sunday 1 April 2007

Slowing down

I find it very difficult to slow down as I am one of those people who likes to be doing something the whole time. This week however I am going to make a determined effort to live more slowly.

On a working day our alarm clock goes off at 6:15 and I get up and get busy. This week the boys are on school holidays and my husband is away working in the States for a week, so no alarm clock is needed and no rush to get up. The plan is to get up when we wake up and just concentrate on doing things one at a time without clock watching. Taking and picking up from school at different times on different days means I am always looking at the clock but this week there will be no imposed timetable.

To be honest teenagers are already pretty slow in school holidays anyway, in fact it seems to take quite an effort to prevent them remaining horizontal most of the day so perhaps its only me that needs to slow down!

2 comments:

BurdockBoy said...

I am definitely of the "move slow" variety, probably due to the location that I live-or perhaps that is why I have chosen where I live. Anyhow, my move slowly has turned into procrastination as of lately. It seems as though basic tasks and reading is about all I can accomplish. I need to speed up a bit.

willow said...

I think procrastination is fairly widespread. I seem to suffer with it even though I'm rushing around - displacement activities are my favourite way of putting things off - I can find loads of those to do if I'm trying to avoid something!