Thursday 19 June 2008

An Ending

The last exam, the last time in school and the last time this battered old school bag will be flung down in the hall at the end of the school day. My eldest son is no longer at school. He is unsure what he wants to do next and now will be trying to find a job, earn some money and decide whether university is the right path for him. So changes ahead and decisions to be made. I worry that he doesn't know what he wants to do but I'm sure that it will all work out in the end.

First though a few days to relax after the exams, then in a couple of weeks we are on holiday and after that some serious job searching.

The years that he has been at school seemed to have flown by and I can still remember very clearly walking away from his infant school after leaving him there on his first day. How quickly that tiny little boy has grown.

3 comments:

barefoot gardener said...

I empathise with your son. When I graduated I had no idea where I wanted to go with my life.

I hope he soon finds the road he is meant to take.

Jenny said...

You know that I have been there and we are still doing it. Good luck to your son with all the choices and decisions ahead and enjoy it all.

Simply Authentic said...

Congrats to your son on finishing this chapter of his life! I can imagine that it is a time of transition for all of you. He'll find his way with your continued support even if it takes a while. Sometimes it's just getting a job and working a while that can make the bigger decisions for an individual on what to do next. Best of luck to him in the months to come!