Sunday 8 March 2009

The start of spring



Many of the fields surrounding the village have been recently ploughed. Walking through the countryside, yesterday, on a cloudy grey day there wasn't much sign of life or growth in those fields.


It was in the hedgerows and banks at the sides of the farmed land that plants were beginning to bloom. Amongst the seed heads still standing from the autumn,  


there were wonderful clumps of primroses.


Each time this year when I have thought that spring is arriving we have had snow, floods or cold weather but now that it is March and the primroses are out I hope that spring is here to stay.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring really wants to come i can feel it though the chill of winter is still keeping hold.
Just one more week of work for me then i hope we can arrange to meet up once Spring is finally here.
Hope your week is good,
with love
Ginnyx

willow said...

I'm looking forward to it, Ginny. Hope you're not working too hard.

I have been enjoying your green photos.

shadows and clouds said...

hope that spring is firmly creeping in.
all the best

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

Aren’t Primroses' lovely... roll on Spring!

Heather L. said...

Would love to have a walk through the countryside! How lovely to find a blooming primrose. I just noticed that my rhubarb is up!!! Yay! A couple of inches already. And I'm noticing that faintest of green haze in the bushes as we drive past. The green has begun!