Thursday 14 April 2011

finished sewing and knitting


A quick catch up with two finished items. First this bag which was the second project in Alice and Ginnys' sewing classes.  Lots of different sewing techniques were introduced while making this including my first attempt at machine applique.


The course I took was "kick start to sewing" and it seems to have done just that, now that the bag is finished I have bought some material to make two more cushions.

Next on to knitting and I have finished my waistcoat.


The yarn is Twilleys "freedom spirit" in a blue/purple colourway. It is knitted in reverse stocking stitch which softens the colour changes.



Having finished this waistcoat I have now cast on for another one, this time in fairisle knitting - photographs to come when I have done a few rows of the pattern.

1 comment:

Simply Authentic said...

Love the bag and your gift as a knitter continues! You are able to make some incredibly beautiful creations--love seeing them :) Will be interested to watch how your sewing continues.