Friday 22 March 2013

back home


I am back at home now after a few days in Devon visiting my parents. There were a couple of days of spring-like weather and we drove the few miles to the coast for a short walk.


It was lovely to see them and they both seem to be reasonably well for their age but I notice now that they seem to age visibly between visits. As they get older they worry more about things that they would have coped easily with a few years ago and as always I wish I lived nearer so that I could see them for a few hours regularly rather than making longer visits less frequently.

On a happier note, spring seems to be two to three weeks further along in Devon compared to here and I saw celandines and primroses blooming in the banks at the base of the hedges. These crocus planted on a village green were very cheerful.


No comments: